NEAR WEST THEATRE IS HIRING
Box Office Intern
Job Description and Background
The Box Office Intern’s primary role is to work Box Office for performances outside of regular business hours. Near West Theatre is part of the Detroit Shoreway neighborhood’s Hire Local Initiative and gives priority hiring consideration to residents of 44102 and surrounding zip codes. Download a printable version of this opportunity here.
- Arrive to theater 2 hours before curtain time/1 hour before Box Office opens
- Complete preparation tasks to effectively run Box Office each night
- Greet guests with friendly demeanor and work to ensure positive guest experience
- Process in-person ticket orders through Imagitix system when Box Office opens
- Communicate with other Box Office Intern/Assistants about tasks at hand
- Become proficient in NWT’s ticketing system, Imagitix & iManage
- Complete nightly box office accounting
- Assist in concessions during intermission
- Handle phone duties and office assignments as necessary
- This is a learning opportunity—no previous work experience is necessary
- Excellent communicator, with focus on customer experience and satisfaction
- Detail-oriented problem-solver with creative mindset and flexibility
- Ability to work with Windows operating systems, Word, Excel, DonorPerfect, Outlook email, and internet
- Ability to get to/from the theater for scheduled shifts is absolutely necessary. Near West Theatre is able to provide bus passes for training and work nights with enough advanced notice.
- The ability to sit and/or be stationary for prolonged periods of time. Normal or corrected vision and manual dexterity sufficient to perform work on a personal computer and other office equipment such as a copy machine and computer printer. Must be able to communicate with others through phone systems.
- Familiarity with processing money securely and accurately in customer transaction environments
- Familiarity with online ticketing system software
- Interest in musical theatre & Near West Theatre mission
REPORTS TO: Audience & Community Development Manager and House Manager.
WORK SCHEDULE: Box Office Hours on show nights are 5:30pm to 9:30pm (Thurs – Sat) and 1:00p-5:00p (Sun). Box Office opens 1 hour before a show begins. New hires will be required to attend a minimum of two paid training sessions.
Near West Theatre is able to offer flexible scheduling. However, to be considered, an applicant must commit to working at least 15 Box Office nights through the end of our season. The remaining performance dates for our 2019 – 2020 season are as follows:
The Mystery of Edwin Drood
Fri. Feb. 21 – 5:30pm call
Sat. Feb. 22 – 5:30pm call
Fri. Feb. 28 – 5:30pm call
Sat. Feb. 29 – 5:30pm call
Sun. Mar. 1 – 1:00pm call
Thurs. Mar. 5 – 5:30pm call
Fri. Mar. 6 – 5:30pm call
Sat. Mar. 7 – 5:30pm call
Sun. Mar. 8 – 1:00pm call
Fri. May 1 – 5:30pm call
Sat. May 2 – 5:30pm call
Fri. May 8 – 5:30pm call
Sat. May 9 – 5:30pm call
Sun. May 10 – 1:00pm call
Thurs. May 14 – 5:30pm call
Fri. May 15 – 5:30pm call
Sat. May 16 – 5:30pm call
Sun. May 17 – 1:00pm call
Fri. July 17 – 5:30pm call
Sat. July 18 – 5:30pm call
Fri. July 24 – 5:30pm call
Sat. July 25 – 5:30pm call
Sun. July 26 – 1:00pm call
Thurs. July 30 – 5:30pm call
Fri. July 31 – 5:30pm call
Sat. Aug. 1 – 5:30pm call
Sun. Aug. 2 – 1:00pm call
COMPENSATION: This is a temporary stipend position paying $45 per night. Payment is made weekly via check that can be mailed or picked up in-office.
Please send a brief statement of interest, experience (in form of resume or list), and three references ASAP to:
Near West Theatre
ATTN: Human Resources Department
6702 Detroit Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44102
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please.
Need a resume template? Click here.
Near West Theatre may hire multiple candidates to fill all necessary dates. NWT is an equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where a variety of backgrounds, cultures, ideas, and talents can flourish.